User Profile

Tsundoku

lapis@bookwyrm.social

Joined 3 years, 5 months ago

Author, Voracious Reader, Crocheter of many things, Very Autistic

(Pronouns: they / them) Mainly reads: Young Adult (contemporary, sci-fi or fantasy), Japanese Literature, Romance, and Fantasy / Sci-fi for adults

@lapis@blogs.booktoot.club - Blog @lapis@booktoot.club - Book & Riverdale account @lapis@elekk.xyz - General Shitposting, sometimes game related

Avatar: BugPaws on ko-fi: ko-fi.com/bugpaws/

This link opens in a pop-up window

Tsundoku's books

Currently Reading (View all 12)

2024 Reading Goal

64% complete! Tsundoku has read 32 of 50 books.

avatar for lapis Tsundoku boosted
avatar for lapis Tsundoku boosted

reviewed Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree (Legends & Lattes, #1)

Travis Baldree: Legends & Lattes (Paperback, 2022, Tor Books) 4 stars

Worn out after decades of packing steel and raising hell, Viv the orc barbarian cashes …

A Fantasy Rom-Com

5 stars

"A novel of high fantasy... and low stakes"

You get exactly as it reads on the tin for this book. It feels to me like a romantic comedy in book form. An orc woman stops adventuring to start a coffee shop. What follows is hi-jinks, suspiciously convenient events, and mostly non-conflicts. Even the worst thing that happens to the main character in the book is not so very terrible in the end.

Unless you are bothered by same-sex relationships, nothing in this book is a game changer for fantasy nor will it challenge your view of the world. Personally, I loved it. It's like a warm cup of coffee in the morning.