User Profile

LeRoy Miller

kd8bxp@bookrastinating.com

Joined 1 year, 3 months ago

I enjoy science fiction works, and some detective stories. Mostly short stories, and mostly works that have entered into the public domain. Don't have a lot of time to read which I'm hoping will change in this new year.

This link opens in a pop-up window

2024 Reading Goal

Success! LeRoy Miller has read 19 of 12 books.

The time jumps were a bit annoying, but otherwise this is a great story. The start of the story sets up the world, and the greater universe, plus some background on a war. And the middle is more of the story, ending isn't shocking or unexpected (for the most part). The middle is also where a lot of the time jumps take place.
There are also one or two - too many people to keep track of, this isn't too bad, it is something to be aware of thou.
With some of these type of stories were there is a lot of people, I think I am going to start writing down names and who they are (at very least). That way I just look at my list and go - oh that is who X is.

Still this story is really good, it's a fun story, with just some …

finished reading He by H.P. Lovecraft

H.P. Lovecraft: He (Popular Fiction Publishing Company) No rating

“The old man clawed and spat at me through the moldy air, and barked things …

So, yeah, I gave Lovecraft another try - and I still just find it hard to read. I know H.P. Lovecraft is a master at horror. But horror isn't my first or even my fourteenth choice when it comes to something to read. I had to give it another chance thou, because that is only fair, and it's not for me. And the English is maybe old/dated - a lot of the word I had to look up what they meant - and that takes away something from the flow of the story.

H.P. Lovecraft is just not for me.

started reading He by H.P. Lovecraft

H.P. Lovecraft: He (Popular Fiction Publishing Company) No rating

“The old man clawed and spat at me through the moldy air, and barked things …

I know H.P. Lovecraft is considered a master of horror, and has created some of the best horror/fiction there is. But I just find these type of stories hard to read.
I thought I would give it one more try, but so far I'm just a few pages in and already having a hard time with it. I think the wording is just dated enough that I just have a hard time with it.