User Profile

dosch Locked account

dosch@bookwyrm.social

Joined 2 years, 1 month ago

This link opens in a pop-up window

Emily St. John Mandel: Station Eleven (2014, Knopf Publishing Group, Knopf) 4 stars

Station Eleven is a 2014 novel by Emily St. John Mandel, her fourth. It takes …

Read almost in one go

4 stars

If not for food-, sleep- and toilet breaks I almost read this in one go. Harrowing and layered story that gives a surprising entanglement of characters.

Even days after finishing I still had ah-ha moments when I suddenly understood how and why some things happened and who was connected to whom.

Wish there was a sequel where you learn more about the characters. Some parts are eerily recognizable now we had a real pandemic.

Mind you; the book is not sci-fi! It is our world after a pandemic; no fancy, crazy tech is used or invented in the book.