User Profile

Flauschbuch

Flauschbuch@bookrastinating.com

Joined 1 year, 1 month ago

So many books, so little time (and space)...

The original plan was to work through the piles of unread books in my flat, not to mention the e-books I have and the audiobooks I bookmarked on Spotify/lismio. But somehow, those keep growing. Also, I re-discovered the library. ;)

I mostly read Sci-fi, Fantasy and historical fiction. Also non-fiction (mostly history of one kind or another). I read in English and German and occasionally French.

Posts in English and German

This link opens in a pop-up window

Flauschbuch's books

Currently Reading (View all 9)

2024 Reading Goal

59% complete! Flauschbuch has read 25 of 42 books.

reviewed The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri (The Burning Kingdoms, #1)

Tasha Suri: The Jasmine Throne (Paperback, 2021, Orbit) 4 stars

Imprisoned by her dictator brother, Malini spends her days in isolation in the Hirana: an …

Recommended

4 stars

This was the April book in the book club I have with two friends and we all liked it so much that we want to read the sequel.

I really liked the setting - I haven't come across many fantasy novels based on old India. We also get wood magic, supernatural (or alien?) beings, a mysterious illness and a magical temple. The worldbuilding is great and very dense. I found it hard to put the book down once I had gotten into it because it felt like being in a different world. The story, too, is more complex than I expected and there are some interesting and unexpected twists. The romance doesn't follow the usual patterns, either, I felt. If you're into fantasy you should check this one out. #2024reads

started reading Parable of the Talents by Octavia E. Butler (Earthseed, #2)

Octavia E. Butler: Parable of the Talents (Paperback, 2019, Grand Central Publishing) 5 stars

Environmental devastation and economic chaos have turned America into a land of depravity. Taking advantage …

Originally, I had planned a break before starting this one but I need to know how the story continues. It starts quite differently than I thought it would. That might actually address some of the things that bugged me about Parable of the Sower.